NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change your browser settings, then you agree to the use of cookies

I understand


City Youth Match Reports 4 February 2018

See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 4th February 2018

For the Girls Teams Match Reports Click here >>>

St Albans City Youth - Boys

Under 18

Losing 3-0 away to Abbots Youth Red were the 18 South in the White Division of the Watford Friendly League and having a good game for the South was the man of the match Callum Hunter.

Under 16

In the White Division of the WFL saw the 16 East record a 4-1 victory at home over Boreham Wood Youth Knights. with Ben Adshead scoring a goal in each half and the other goals were scored by Adam Hodge and man of the match Ben Spencer.

Lewis McNamara one goal plus two from Tarek Omar gave the 16 Orient a 3-0 away at Berkhamsted Raiders Green whilst the man of the match went to Joshua Daniel.

In the Intermediate League Cup saw the 16 West play Bushey & Oxhey Dragons away and after a very tight game the Dragons went through to the next round with a 3-2 win whilst the goals for the West were scored by Adam Johnson and Stefan Martin.

Under 15

The 15 South were away to Hadley Wood & Wingate Foxes in the Spring Cup Group A and they were in the hunt for goals as they shouted tally oh as they whipped in nine goals to win 9-1. Scoring the goals were George Monery 3, Lucian Antippa 3, Louis Baker-Madel, Tom Dodd and Jake Fleming.


ROYSTON TOWN  15's 3   (Goals: Anthony Georgiou, Kian Harness, Jack Piggott).

ST ALBANS CITY 15's EJA    4 (Goals: Bradley Young 2, Jason Fati, Jamie Willing).

This proved to be an exciting match to watch and the visitors Royston Town with the game being played at Nicky B school on a 3G pitch and Royston after some early pressure raced into a 2-0 lead with two well taken goals from Anthony GEORGIOU and Kian HARNESS. 

The young Saints after playing some neat football hit back with three goals themselves to take a 3-2 lead at half time and scoring these goals were BRADLEY YOUNG, JASON FATI and JAMIE WILLING.

In the second half the Saints gradually took control with Josh Forster having a cracking shot go just wide and then Jude Evans heading the ball just over the bar from a Joe Vance corner. Bradley Young did find the back of the net again, but it was disallowed as he was just offside.

The Saints then went 4-2 up when Harry Brady played the ball out wide to Joe Vance who was having a dazzling time down the right wing and he hit over a perfect ball into the box where BRADLEY YOUNG racing in meet the ball with perfect timing and sent a powerful header into the back of the net for second of the match.

Although St Albans had a few more chances to add to the score it was Royston Town who scored the next goal when Jack PIGGOTT bundled the ball home to make it 4-3 and although Royston pressed forward for the equaliser the young Saints held on for a 4-3 win and a trip to Hertford Town in the quarter-finals.

15's EJA   2 (Goals: Josh Forster 2 ) v 0 HEMEL HEMPSTEAD 15's EJA 

It was billed as a top of the table clash and it certainly lived up to its name as the Saints came out of the blocks straight from the kick-off with Harry Brady firing in a 20-yard sizzler which flew just wide past the far post and then Jack McShane cutting in from the right wing saw his goal bound effort cleared off the line by Tariq Foster.

Josh Forster then fired wide whilst Harry Bailey had a fine strike go just over the crossbar and then Sean Walsh had a lofted shot go just over. 

Finally the first goal came and what a cracker it was when Jason Fati played the ball out wide on the right to Joe Vance and after beating the full back with ease saw him pull the ball back for JOSH FORSTER to hit a cracking shot that flew into the back of the net from 20 yards like a rocket and if the net were not there it would have ended up in Hemel itself. In the words of Tezza, it was a goal worthy of winning the League, F.A. Cup, the European Cup, the World Cup and the Grand National. (Answers on a postcode to me who quoted this first time around, prize one Mars Bar).

It was not all one way as Hemel tried to fight back and Joel Cook went pretty close when his well struck shot rebounded back off the crossbar

Joe Vance who was great on the right wing saw his excellent low drive pushed around the post by a good save from Hemel keeper Joshua Healy whilst Josh Forster went close with a effort that Healy saved low down at his near post. 

 With the clock ticking down the Saints scored their second goal as Ben Kirby played the ball to Benny Stacey who raced away down the left whereupon he swept a low cross right across the six-yard box and there was JOSH FORSTER racing in to drill the ball into the back of the net from five yards out for his second goal of the match and make the final score 2-0.

Under 14

The quarter-final of the WHYL Challenge Cup took place on Sunday and it saw the 14 Boreal play Echoes Amber away and at the final whistle the young Boreal team had won 3-0 with Tom Randell scoring two of the goal whilst Mark Lake scored the other one. The man of the match went to Tom Durrant.

Away Croxley Green White saw the 14 South go 1-0 down after ten minutes but they quickly hit back with two goals from Tyler Channer to take a 2-1. Then a disputed penalty plus a late scrambled goal saw Croxley Green take all three points in division 2 of the WHYL. The player of the match was awarded to Callum Solly.

At home in the Spring Shield were the 14 North and they were at home to Highgate & Muswell Hill Galaxy and with the score at 3-3 with fifteen minutes to the match referee decided to abandon the match as the pitch was becoming unplayable. Scoring for the North was Tyler Cadiou-McCarthy with two and man of the match Andrew Gentle with one.

Under 13

At home to the league leaders Berkhamsted Raiders Red in the Red Division of the WFL saw the 13 North finally win 2-1 after a late scare when they were winning 2-0 and the visitors pulled one back.  Joseph Beardon gave the North the lead in the first half with a low strike from the edge of the box into the bottom right corner. For Berko Tom Flannagan hit the post and then Berkhamsted keeper made a tremendous save by pushing around the post a cracking shot from Perez Waterberg.

In the second half Ben Freestone scored from close range following a neat pass from Perez Waterberg to make it 2-0 but with about ten minutes to go Berkhamsted were awarded a penalty which was converted by Charlie Hobbs to make the final score 2-1.

On the next pitch saw the 13 East celebrate a 2-0 victory over Whetstone Wanderers Lions in Group B of the Spring Plate with Wes Mudziviri scoring in the first half and Joe Poulton scoring in the second. The East's goalkeeper Matt McCree pulled off a fantastic save in the first half when the score was 0-0 by tipping over the bar a cracking shot from the visitors. The man of the match went to Charlie O'Toole whilst Matt Evans had caused to celebrate as well as it was his birthday so sweets all round. (even I got one a chocolate orange, yummy!).

At home to Evergreen Colts were the 13 South and after a end to end match the Saints just edged it by four goals to three with the goalscorers being Louis Warren 2, Matthew Martin and Jamie McLeod.

The 13 West were at home to Watford Town Youth Panthers and after a close first half the visitors rattled in a few goals to win in the end 4-0 whilst Christy Shaw was named man of the match.

Under 12

The 12 Victoria were at home in the quarter final of their Challenge Cup against Chorleywood Serpents and they took the lead with a rare strike from outside the box from Martin Flore whilst Zak Davies added another goal to make it 2-0. Although Chorleywood pulled a goal back the Vic's held on to win 2-1 whereupon they will now meet Harpenden, Evergreen or Kings Langley in the semi-final.

Scoring a consolation goal for the 12 Orient was Callum Crowther in their 5-1 defeat at home to Echoes Orange and picking up a man of the match award was Archie Bentley.

Under 11

On a muddy pitch saw the 11 Romans play Frontiers Youth Jaguars at home and hitting a goal for the Romans was Max Winders.

The 11 Saxons had a close game at home with Bengeo Tigers Sabres and scoring two goals for the Saxons was Finlay Murphy and Jasper Button found the back of the net with a sizzler.

Dewayne Mitchell was on target twice for the 11 Spartans in their away game at Lemsford Youth Leopards.

The 11 Dragons who were away at Ware Rangers Flamengo and seeing their hosts could only field 8 players the Dragons very sportingly dropped down to 8 players themselves. The match was played on a very heavy pitch with the football not being good from both sides and Dylan Norman scored a goal for the Dragons with a well taken finish. For the visitors saw Mattie Verdier was in fine form for them and in doing so was named man of the match.

Away to Bengeo Tigers Caspian’s were the 11 Arrows and after a slow start the arrows from their quiver started to fine their mark and scoring firstly was James Dodd following a great cross from Thomas Maher and netting the second goal was Callum Howells.

Also getting on the scoresheet was Cathal Gleeson with a brace and both goals were assisted by George Robertson whilst Zain Zamen had a good game on his debut.

Will Antcliffe hit a great hat-trick for the 11 East in their home match with Ware Youth Reds following a fine closely fought game.

At home to Hemel Town Youth White saw the 11 Central score goals through Stephen Tchoudi and Tyler Gullin Hall with Joseph Golding being named man of the match.

On a very muddy pitch at Highfield Park which was in a poor state by the end of the match saw the 11 West take on Abbots Youth Blue saw Dylan Martin score goal number one for the West whilst Ben Hodges scrambled home number two after at four attempts were blocked on the line. Hitting a third for the West was Kye Stevens with cracking header after perfect corner kick from Charlie Rose. The man of the match went to Luca Turone.

On the next pitch were the 11 Orient and they were playing Comets Red and scoring one goal apiece for the Orient were Ollie Jay, Bertie Postema, Lucas Berry and Dean Blandon.

After their best performance of the season saw the 11 South score a couple of goals through Sam Estell and Owen Weaver one in their home match at home to Berkhamsted Raiders Blue with James Beasley being named man of the match.

Under 10

Evan Reid scored the goal for the 10 West in their away match with Ellite Feet Southgate Lions.

At home to Frontiers Youth Panthers were the 10 Orient and scoring a goal apiece for them were Lucas Curley, Connor Barrie and Theo Hancock.

Away to Stevenage Borough Juniors Black saw Sam Philpot score a fine hat-trick for the 10 West whilst Anton Riddell scored a brace with Ben Wigmore and Leon Rainey scored one each. The man of the match went to Teddy Carr.

Micah Onwuemena scored a fine brace of goals for the 10 South in their away match with Clodan Youth Gold.

At home to Barnet Azzurri Tornadoes were the 10 North with Jacob Standing scoring a goal for them whilst Alfie Bedwell was named player of the man.

Under 8

The 8 Orient in the Blue division played Welwyn Pegasus away and after a great game saw Sam Rathbone score two goals whilst Billy Stone scored one.

Away to a strong side Potters Bar United Black were the 8 South and after giving 100% performance saw Finlay Seabrook score a cracking goal for the South.

Man of the match Henry Paget completed a fine sweeping move with a fine strike for the 8 North in their away match with Bengeo Tigers Bengals. Also scoring a few goals were Will Anfield and Noah Fox both of them with two each.

St Albans City Youth – Girls

Under 18

There were certainly plenty of goals in the match between the 18 Girls and their visitors Harpenden Colts Girls Chameleons with the score at half time being 3-2 to Harpenden Girls and at full time the visitors had run out 7-4 winners in a very competitive end to end match. Scoring for the Saints was Joint Player of the Match Danielle Tyler with the perfect hat-trick, one header, one left shot and one right foot shot. Scoring 18 Girls fourth goal was Emily Schofield whilst the other joint player of the match went to winger Shauna Smith who was just outstanding out there.

The 17 Girls were trailing 1-0 at half time away to Flitwick Eagles Girls but they came good in the second period to go and win 3-2 with goals from Anna Fuller, Eleanor Keating and Lorna Speed whilst Isobel Todd picked up player of the match.

Under 15

In the League Cup saw the 15 Girls take a 3-0 lead at the break against Ruislip Rangers girls at home with goals from Mia Pinkham, Katie Weaver and Laura Gifford. In the second half they another two goals through Abbie Scanion plus another from Mia Pinkham for her second of the game for the 15 girls to finally win 5-0. The player of the match went Mathilda Finburgh.

Under 14

At home to Watford Youth Ladies Harts were the 14 Girls North and they scored two goals in the second half to win the match 2-0 with goals from Mia Eyles and Sophie Harrison with Anna-Marie Spears winning the player of the match title.

Under 12

The 12 Girls North conceded a goal in each half to lose eventually 2-0 away to Bury Rangers Youth Girls with Elsa Leech being named player of the match for the 12 girls North.

At home to Bedwell Rangers Comets Girls in the league shield were the 12 Girls South and at half time the score was 0-0 with the player of the match Grace McMurray scoring a fine equaliser for the South but it proved not to be enough as Bedwell scored another goal to win the match 2-1.

Under 11

The 11 Girls North played the 11 Girls South in a local derby match and it saw good movement and possession from both teams with goals from Hannah Pope and Cora Baylis for the North with Cora Baylis also being named player of the match. The player of the match for the South went to Violet Shepherd.

Under 10

The 10 Girls took part in a mini football tournament with them first losing 1-0 to Pro Direct and then drawing 0-0 with Watford Youth. 

In their next matches they beat Bedwell Red Devils 1-0 and they then beat Hoddesdon 2-0 which saw them go through to the quarter-finals. Scoring goals for the 10 Girls were Teagan Scarlett with two goals whilst Scarlett Robb netted one. In the quarter-final the 10 Girls played Hitchin and after a close game they gradually lost 1-0.

Under 9

New signing Enya Brewster scored two goals for the 9 Girls Central in their home match with Evergreen Youth Girls and she also was named player of the match for the 9 Girls Central. Also scoring a goal each for the lady saints were Lucy Green and Alicia Gibson.

Under 8

Away to Watton Youth Girls saw the 8 Girls play on a poor surface but they gave a well-disciplined performance and worked as a well organised unit with Demi Hall scoring two and Olivia Wood one. There was a joint player of the match and that went to Sophia Bridge and Alexa Johnson who both gave a commanding defensive performance.