NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change your browser settings, then you agree to the use of cookies

I understand


St Albans City Youth Match Reports - The first Girls team match reports Tezzas Days gone bye


Tezza is looking back through his old City Youth reports and found some from almost 20 years ago, there are some players names that many of us old managers remember. Well done Terry Edwards.


The Under 11 Girls were away to Queens Park Rangers Ladies in the league and they got their first win of the season with a fine 1-0 victory. TIFFANY HARBRON scored the only goal of the match with a brilliant solo effort after she had made a dazzling run from the half way line whereupon saw her beat 4 Q.P.R. players before drilling the ball low into the back of the net to give the Saints a 1-0 win and three points. Well done Girls.


At home to a strong Leyton Orient side saw the Under 11 Girls go down 2-0 with Claire Brown being outstanding in goal whilst both Rebecca Dolphin and Bryony Jones completed in a gruelling County Cross Country Run prior to the match( if only Clarky and Tezza had been there). It must be added though the young Ladies played much better than the scoreline suggests.


A brilliant all-round display from the St Albans Under 11's Girls saw them beat a high-quality Stevenage Ladies Team by two goals to nil. The scoring opened in the first half when Jessica Hoare hit a excellent through ball to TIFFANY HARBRON who scored from the edge of the penalty area with a well struck shot. Good defensive work in the second half kept the opposition at bay until the last minute of the game when Katie Ladd made a strong run from the half way line and although her low drive beat the Stevenage keeper she saw the ball strike the foot of the near post but once again TIFFANY HARBRON was in the right place to tuck the loose ball into the back of the net to complete the 2-0 win.


Playing away to Belmont United were the Under 11 Girls and they fought out a battling 1-1 draw with some good defensive work from Jessica Hoare and Rebecca Dolphin that kept a strong Belmont side to only one goal during the first half. Good running from in midfield from Sofia Munoz, Bryony Jones and Jane (JJ) Jardine put constant pressure on the Belmont back line and they rewarded with a late goal. With only a few minutes to go the young ''Lady'' Saints were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box and up stepped REBECCA DOLPHIN who scored with a fine curling shot that sailed into the top left hand corner of the net for a well-deserved equaliser to make the final score 1-1.

GIRLS WIN AGAIN.  10-3-2002.

The Under 11 Girls were at home to Barking ''B'' Girls and following a great long-range shot from KATIE LADD gave them a 1-0 lead at half time. Early in the second half saw the visitors draw level but then a fine pass from Bryony Jones sent TIFFANY HARBRON clear whereupon she promptly drove the ball home to give the young Lady Saints a 2-1. Goalkeeper Bethany Healy and defenders Rebecca Dolphin and Jessica Hoare all had excellent games for the young Lady Saints with Jessica Hoare being named player of the match.

Q.P.R. DOUBLE FOR THE GIRLS.  17-3-2002.

The Under 11 Girls completed the double over Queens Park Rangers Ladies with a excellent 3-0 victory at home and for the second week running great defensive work from Jessica Hoare and Rebecca Dolphin nullified the opponents attack.  TIFFANY HARBRON scored the first goal after a fine solo run to give them a 1-0 lead whilst in the second period following good work between Katie Ladd and Claire Brown saw them setup BRYONY JONES to hit the back of the net with a superb shot. Good teamwork resulting in significant pressure was rounded off by a second goal for TIFFANY HARBRON to make the final score 3-0 to the Under 11 Girls.


Playing away to Harvesters 11 Girls in friendly saw the St Albans City Youth Under 11 Girls win 3-1 following a excellent team performance from all of the Girls with two well taken goals from AMY MYALL the second of which was a sizzling shot from the edge of the box. Scoring the third goal for the young Saints was the rangy attacker ALEX WILLIAMS.


Claire Brown, Emma Craddock, Rebecca Dolphin, Tiffany Harbron, Bethany Healy, Jessica Hoare, Jane Jardine, Briony Jones, Katie Ladd, Laura Margott, Sofia Munoz, Alex Williams.   Footnote, Six of the girls Claire Brown, Rebecca Dolphin, Bethany Healy, Jessica Hoare, Katie Ladd and Sofia Munoz were still with the Team when they finished at Under 18's plus 3 of them stayed with Tezza to help form the St Albans City Ladies FC and they were Claire Brown, Katie Ladd and Sofia Munoz.



The Club also formed a Boys Under 8's Team and playing for them was HAYLEY LADD and here is a few words from one her matches; For the Under 8's Boys saw HAYLEY LADD have an outstanding game in goal for them in the first half and then in the second half saw her come out onto the pitch to score two brilliant goals in the Under 8's 5-0 victory over Garston Boys. The other Saints goalscorers were Sam ROGAN, Frazer HARPER and Alex GOLDSTONE.

HAYLEY LADD of course went on to play for a few Ladies Teams and now she plays for Manchester United Ladies FC plus she has over 50 caps for the Wales so it just proves if you want to go higher in football you can if you work at it.


St Albans City Youth Match Reports - April 1988 Tezzas Days gone bye


Tezza is looking back through his old City Youth reports and found some from over 30 years ago, there are some players names that many of us old managers remember. Well done Terry Edwards.

St Albans City Youth Match Reports - April 1988

For the second year running saw St Albans City Youth FC play Hullbridge Youth FC in a series of matches and this year April 1988 saw them take place in the beautiful surrounds at Verulamium Park and there will seven matches of football between both clubs whilst there will be also an eighth game which will be between two STACY teams, the Under 12's and the Under 13's North as we have 2 Under 13's whilst Hullbridge have no Under 12's.

There will be five matches in the morning and three in the afternoon whilst between 12-30 pm and 2 pm there will be a break for lunch with a licensed bar in the cricket pavilion whilst there will be food in the marquee (thanks to Ian Woods). During the break for lunch presentations will be made for the man of the match awards for the morning games. After the afternoon matches have finished the overall trophy will be presented to the Club who as the most points from the games which have taken place during the day.

 Here is a list of the managers names for both Clubs, St Albans City Youth: Ian Woods, Alan Godden, Jack Clarke, Mike Day, Jeff Lawrence, Peter Bennett, Ian Nicholson and Dave Atkinson.   Hullbridge Youth: Alec Banyard, Robin Ogilvie, John Surgett, Barry Upson, Dave Shorter, Mike Harrington and Dennis White.

Hope that everybody enjoys themselves today and have a safe journey home and see you all next year.

We start off with the Under 9's who won 5-1 with Matthew PHILLIPS scoring a tremendous hat-trick whilst Matthew TIMBERLAKE and Andrew WRAY both scored one apiece with Scott Baker scoring for Hullbridge from the penalty spot. Squad: Matthew Phillips, Lee Baker, Neil Brown, James Butcher, David Hames, David Hull, Daniel Jameson, Gareth Morgan, Ian Morgan, Chris Scorer, Matthew Timberlake, Andrew Wray, Mathew Stiff.

Next we see the Under 10's win 5-0 with two goals from Tommy LAWRENCE plus one each from Andre BALADI, Nick FIELD and Benjamin HALLMAN whilst the Hullbridge keeper Damien Stabielli had a good game in which saw him keep the scoreline down by pulling off some fine save saves. Squad: Tommy Lawrence, Andre Baladi, Jeremy Constable, Simon Dean, Matthew Gentry, Jonathan Gisborne, James Garrett, Nick Field, Benjamin Hallman, Kim Mead, Graham Milner, Simon Morris, Robert McManus, Kevin Parkin.

The Under 11's also scored five goals as they beat Hullbridge 11's 5-1 with Daniel BOWMAN scoring two goals whilst the young Robert DAY popped up with one goal along with Stephen FLITTON and Mark WARRINER as well. Squad: Lee Thompson, Matt Lawrence, Martin chard, Leigh Godden, Michael Edwards, Christopher Maynard, Robert Day, Liam O'Sullivan, Daniel Bowman, Stephen Flitton, Ross Elliott, Simon Sankey, Mark Warriner, William Denholm, Andrew Dayton, Antony Powell

The next match to be played was the game between two St Albans City Youth sides and they were the Under 12's and the Under 13's and the younger side were not going to allow themselves to be disgraced playing against an older team as the match finished in a 3-3 draw following a real to end game. Scoring the goals for the Under 12's was the prolific goalscorer Ashaf CHOUDHURY who netted his usual three goals in a match. Scoring for the Under 13's was Ian STAPLETON who also scored all his team's three goals.

Under 12's Squad: James Varley, David Morley, Simon Bradley, Andrew Thompson, Tim Carter, Jonathan Rice, Stuart Wright, Stephen Blackburn, Ashaf Choudhury, Laurence Edwards, Nick Shaw, Ben Smith, Phil Franklin, Chris Field, Nick Christy.

Under 13's Squad: Andrew Rooley, Philip Dayton, James Weir, Adam Bolding, Stuart Tucker, Darren Dudley, Ian Stapleton, Timothy Roskilly, Philip Day, Ronnie Woolf, Robert Harwood, Sean Bradbury.

In the next game saw the other Under 13's side for St Albans City Youth lose 6-3 to Hullbridge Youth 13's and scoring the goals for the young Saints were Paul LINDSAY, Paul TAYLOR and Paul CLARK whilst scoring for the visitors were James Cook 2, Neil Gemmell 2, Keith Scourfield and Neil Hughes.  Squad: Mark Hamer, Stewart Lawrence, Simon Jones, Chris Yeo, Paul Lindsay, Stephan Chapman, Simon Gammon, Richard Tamsitt, Paul Taylor, Stuart Chard, Stephen Smith, Stephen Harrison, Paul Clark.

The Under 14's for St Albans City Youth played against the 1st of the Under 15's side from Hullbridge and the Saints just about could only field eleven players against the older team but that was enough as after a tight game they eventually emerged victorious by winning 1-0 following a superb strike from Alan LONG. Squad: Mark(Sparky)Andrews, Nick Bennett, Craig Attfield, Paul Burgess, Richard Thomas, David Aslett, Jamie Duke, Russell Cannon, Andrew Burke, Andrew Williams, Alan Long.

The Under 15's St Albans City Youth won by a convincing scoreline of fourteen (14) goals to two against the second Under 15 side of Hullbridge Youth with nine different goalscorers, wow! Here they are, Adrian O'CONNOR 3, David YEO 2, Gary SAUNDERS 2, James TAYLOR 2, Daniel MOORE, Petro RUSSO, Robert MANN, Stephen SMITH< David KIDNEY with the rest of the Squad being Stewart Burlington, John Collins, Adrian Pinner.  Scoring for Hullbridge was Mark Peters and Andrew Holder.

For the final match of the day say the Under 17's of St Albans City Youth beat the Hullbridge Youth Under 17's 2-1 with Stuart HEATHER scoring both of the goals for the Saints whilst Richard Smith scored the goal for Hullbridge.  Squad: Tim Hobbs (went on to become a reporter for the St Albans Observer), Mark Wray, Michael Vickers, Stuart Brewster, Stuart Day, Steve Sorey, Tony Gauthier, Jorge Pedre, Allan Anderson, Adam Moloney, Martin Atkinson, Darren Shea, Stuart Heather, David Halbert, Jason Wesley.

Well St Albans City Youth picked up the Trophy for the second season running having won 6 out of the 7 matches played and in doing so saw them score 35 goals with 11 against whilst there was another six goals scored in the match between both of the St Albans City Youth Teams. One thing we must mention is that they weather was fantastic and so everybody from both Clubs really enjoyed themselves, what more could you want than fine weather, football, food and drink. Those were the days.



City Youth Match Reports 8th March 1992 Tezzas Days gone bye


Tezza is looking back through his old City Youth reports and found some from 28 years ago, there are some players names that many of us old managers remember. Well done Terry Edwards.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 8th March 1992

In the Jack Nightingale Trophy were the 15's South and they found themselves 2-0 down at half time but in the second period saw them stage a remarkable comeback to win the match 7-3. Leading the goalscorers was Stephen FLITTON with a hat-trick and came Danny BOWMAN and Mark PROWLE both with two goals apiece.

The 12's North were away to Boreham Wood in the league and they came away with a great 8-1 victory with Philip TURNER hitting five of the goals for the young Saints. The other scorers were Liam HARVEY,  Jamie AUSTIN and Martin THOMPSON.

The Under 10's carry on their hopes of winning their league title with a fine 2-1 win over Hemel Lions on a very bumpy pitch which did not suit their touch football style. Chris CUTMORE scored in the first half and Paul TAYLOR  netted in the second period and he also saw the Hemel keeper pull off a a fine save from his penalty kick.

The 13's East lost 5-0 to Lyonsdown in the Ace Awards Trophy while the 11's went down 1-0 to Harvesters after a very close league game.

In the Benevolent Shield first leg saw the 14's North draw 1-1 at home to Gadeside with Tom LAWRENCE scoring the only goal of the match for the Saints.

Also in the Benevolent Shield were the 17's and they lost 5-1 to Barnet A with Paul TAYLOR hitting the only goal for the Saints.

In a very tight game at home to S & K saw the 18's lose 2-0 despite having most of the play but they just could not put that vital pass together and get the goals their attacking play deserved. Scorers for S & K were Dave Gilder and Nicky Scott who both play for the Saints mid-week youth team.

The 15's North made sure of finishing runners-up in their division with a fine 3-0 away win over Princes Park and scoring the goals were the Alton PROFIT, Giovanni RUSSO  and Tom PEARMAN.





City Youth Match Reports 15th March 1992 Tezzas Days gone bye


Tezza is looking back through his old City Youth reports and found some from 28 years ago, there are some players names that many of us old managers remember. Well done Terry Edwards.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 15th March 1992

The Under 18's goalkeeper Derren ELLIOTT (I got your name right Derren even if the local press keep spelling it wrong) made his 100th appearance for the Club on Sunday and for this he was made captain for the day and he even scored the team's seventh goal from the penalty spot as they defeated London Colney 7-0 at home. The other scorers were Jason BAILEY with a fine hat-trick, Sean BROSNAN (related to 007 Pierce Brosnan) with two of which the second was a beautiful struck shot from the edge of the box whilst James HANDFORD also scored with a close range effort.

In a real ding-dong match with the lead changing hands four times saw the Under 10's finally go down 5-4 at home to Hemel Tigers. Scoring the Saints goals were Paul TAYLOR, Jonathan JENKINS, Liam TILLEY (who is moving to Cornwall shortly, we wish him all the best) and Ricky PERKS. 

The Under 11's also went down following a very tight game against Evergreen which saw them lose eventually 4-2 with Lee FELLOWES and a Paul GETLEY penalty being the Saints scorers.

In the Jack Nightingale Trophy saw the 15's North lose 2-0 away to Lyonsdown B while the 15's South playing in the same Trophy defeated Winchmore Hill 6-3 with six different players getting on the scoresheet. The goalscorers were Ross (the Blonde Bomber) ELLIOTT, Bradley HART, Stephen FLITTON, Simon WOOD, Danny BOWMAN plus a Michael MULKERRIN penalty.

The Under 14's North lost 3-2 away to Gadeside Rangers in the Benevolent Shield second leg with Tommy LAWRENCE and Andrew SISSONS hitting a goal apiece. 

Martin LOCKWOOD scored the only goal for the Under 14's South as they lost 7-1 in the Ace Awards Trophy to East Finchley.

The Under 12's North lost 5-2 away to Barnsbury Toppers with Matthew SCAYSBROOK and Sam LANE scoring the goals for the North.

Headlines, Headlines, Wait for it, scoring his first goals for the Club was Ian MORGAN (that's my boy) who hit two for the Under 13's South in their superb 10-1 victory over Boreham Wood in the Ace Awards Trophy. Leading the other scorers were Matthew PHILLIPS and Richard VINCENT who both scored a hat-trick each and then came singles from Stephen MUMMERY and Tom GRIFFITHS to round-up the goal scorers





The Saints goals were scored by Andy LAING, Kevin DURRANT and a penalty from Greg PEARSON to record a fine 3-0 away win in the Southern Counties Youth League.

Team: Percival, Dowden, Pearson, Warpole, Wakefield, Yates, Underwood, Gilder, Laing, Durrant, Swales. Subs; Alderman, Butcher9both played.



Mark SWALES hit the first goal with a low drive past the advancing keeper and then Kevin DURRANT struck number two with a looping shot from ten yards after a brilliant cross from Barry Yates. Dave GILDER added a third with from close range following a mishit corner kick which was taken by Lee Dowden. In the second half Mark SWALES  scored his second of the match to make it 4-0 after going around the Kingsbury keeper and seeing his shot spin off the foot of the near post and just creep over the line.(no VAR in them days). The visitors pulled a goal back from the penalty spot before Lee DOWDEN made it 5-1 with a shot just inside the post after a low cross from Adam Parker. The team was the same at Beaconsfield with Parker and Butcher coming on as Subs against Kingsbury.






City Youth Match Reports 8th March 2020

See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

Please note Managers will not be chased for their reports, there are now too many teams, if managers would like their report included then please text to Terry by the Sunday evening deadline.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports w/e 8th March 2020



At home to Harpenden Colts Whitecaps were the 18 West and they were playing in the quarter-final of the Intermediate League Cup and after 90 minutes plus 30 minutes of extra time saw the score remain goalless. So, onto the penalty shootout which saw the 18 West win 4-3 which saw Ed Young, Nic Curtis, James Knapp and Scott Redman all convert theirs to see the West move into the semi-finals.

The 18 East were away to Chorleywood Pythons and goals from Anton Nicolas Sahota, Gowt Selvarajah and Seb Pound gave the East a 3-1 lead but going into the final stages of the match saw some keystone defending and they conceded two late goals for the match to end in a 3-3 draw.  The East have still only been beaten by the top team in the last four months.

In the challenge cup quarterfinal saw the 16 Boreal lose 4-2 away Harpenden Colts Hawks with George Sippetts and Harry Sweetman scoring the goals for Boreal with Tom Randell being named man of the match after having a good game up front.

The 16 South who were away to top of the table Tring Tornadoes Leopards who unbeaten this season and the 16 South certainly gave them a hard match and they only went down 2-0 after conceding two late goals. The man of the match was awarded to Owen Wiseman who had a brilliant game in the midfield.

The 15 East won 2-1 at home in the Junior League Cup quarter-final playing against St Albans Rangers Kites with goals from Chester Reynolds And Mikie Ridgway whilst J. Chaudhry was named man of the match. 

At home to Aston Clinton Colts were the 15 West and after a very close and tight saw them eventually lose 3-2 with Lewis Gardner and Charlie Trulock-Faulkner scoring the goals for the West whilst Tom Stockwell was named man of the match.

In division 1 of the WHYL saw the 14 West come from being 1-0 down away to Bushey & Oxhey Cobras to go on and win 2-1 with Isaac Templeton scoring a snappy equalizer. After this goal saw the West up their game and go on and win with Lewis Bullock scoring the winning goal with a 25-yard stunning free kick. There was a joint man of the match and it was awarded to goalkeeper Kai Birks and centre back James Evans.

 The 14 Victoria also in division 1 played away to Harpenden Colts Hurricanes and they finally went down 3-1 following a very close game with man of the match Joe Caffery scoring Victoria's only goal of the match.

The 14 Central had a match against Watford Youth Sports Red at home and although the Saints battled hard throughout the match, they eventually lost 3-1 with Aaron Lota scoring the Central's goal with attacking midfielder Davide Iacobucci being named man of the match.

After several weeks without a match with them being cancelled due to the weather saw the 14 Boreal boys express themselves and they did it in a super way with some great passing football and solid defending saw them beat Chipperfield 2-0 away. The goalscorers were Blenor Brahimi and Hamza Ramdani with Ben Farmer being named man of the match after giving a solid performance in goal.

In the Intermediate Plate Cup semi-final saw the 14 Orient play at home to Croxley Green White and after extra time saw the scoreline remain at 2-2 and so to penalties which saw the Orient lose 4-3. Scoring the goals in normal time for the Saints were Jensen Dean and Freddie Green.

The man of the match for the 13 Arrows was Innes Diggens-Wilson in their 6-0 defeat at home to Bushey & Oxhey Hornets.

Away to Sarrett Rebels were the 13 Central and they turned in a great performance to go on and win 7-1 with the goal scoring machine Roarke Silcox scoring five superb goals. The other scorers were Dean Bladon and Sam Johnson with Ethan Burton being named man of the match.

The 13 Dragons in the 1st round of the Junior League Cup saw them lose 5-2 away to Harpenden Colts Leopards with Michael Napier scoring the two goals for the Dragons whilst Joshua Nash being named man of the match.

In the Intermediate League Cup quarterfinal were the 13 West and their opponents were local neighbours Colney Heath Magpies and the Magpies picked the pockets of the Saints to go on and win 2-1. The goalscorer for the West was Josh Ladyman with tough midfielder Tommy Morgan being named man of the match. 

The 13 South in the Senior League Cup quarterfinal were up against Berkhamsted Raiders and man of the match Ollie Weaver gave the young Saints a 1-0 lead with a terrific half volley to make it 1-0 at half time. In the second half saw further goals from Sam Estell and Eylan Bakour sealed a great 3-0 win with a fine defensive performance throughout second period.

The 12 Gladiators lost 3-0 away to Bedmond Reds with Archie Leggatt-Martin being named man of the match.

Also losing were the 12 West and they lost heavily to FC Hemel with Lewis Cleaton scoring the consolation goal for the young Saints.

 Kiran Reynolds and Oli Sheen scored a goal apiece for the 12 South in their away match to FC Hemel which saw the South lose 7-2.



The 18 Central were at home to Northwood White and the visitors scored a late against the run of play to earn themselves a 2-2 draw to deny the Saints all three points. Scoring the goals for 18 Central was Robbie Campbell-Ferguson with a fine brace with Jon Hargreaves setting both of them up with a couple neat passes. The man of the match went to goalkeeper Joe Moss who produced some excellent saves which kept them in the game.

 The 18 South away to Whetstone Leopards went down 1-0 following a close game and being named man of the match was Luca De Olivera who worked hard throughout the whole of the match.

In the Spring Cup Group B saw the 16 East play away to Belstone Red saw both sides play some super football, but it was the young Saints who came out on top by winning 6-1 with Tom Merritt leading the way by scoring four fantastic goals. The other scorers were Alex Kirton and Finlay Thomas whilst Will Austen, Jack Jacobs and Tom Merritt all gave outstanding performances.

In the semi-final of Junior League Cup were the 14 South and they were away to local rivals Harvesters South and at the final whistle saw the 14 South win 3-1 with Cameron Choudhury scoring a splendid hat-trick with some deadly finishing.

The 13 Orient were away to Maccabi London Lions White in the quarter-final of the Challenge Cup and at full time the score was 3-3 with two goals from Bertie Postema and one from Dima Gusev and so the match went to extra time and with no further score saw the match go to penalties. Despite the Orient scoring three spot kicks through Alex Hails, Luca Lepley and Lucas Berry they eventually went out 4-3 on penalties. The man of the match went to Bertie Postema who was outstanding in midfield.

In the Spring Plate Group E were the 12 Victoria and they played Maccabi London Brady Black away and two cool finishes by Olly Garcia and Stanley Seeby saw the 12 Victoria win 2-0. The hosts played 5 across the back but the Victoria's midfield and their wide players found their way through to secure the victory. The man of the match who was voted by the team's coaches went to Olly Garcia whilst Max Milton also had a good game as well as George Betteley who even took a full collision with the post in denying Brady Black a goal scoring chance and in the end he had to sit the rest of the match out.(well done George).

The 11 West played another team from Maccabi and these were the London Lions White and Harvey Ryan was named man of the match with the rest of the team being Jack Burke, Glyn Howells, Lennon McKessick, Harvey McKessick, Conor Dwyer, Otis Lau-Johnston, Freddie Nelson Thorpe, Kyle Lloyd, Nial Rodrigues, Noah Brooks and Rory Williams.

 The 7 North played in a high scoring game away to AC Finchley South and following some great passing and moving with some solid tackling saw the 7 North score goals through Noah Wilkerson 3, Louis Farrow, Alex Nourge and Eden Kosh.


The STACY 15 Girls North were away to Herts Girls and they carried on with their unbeaten run in the league with a 4-1 victory which now makes it 8 matches and sees them top on 24 points and that is nine points clear of second place team Potters Bar Crusaders Girls. Scoring the goals was Kiera Ward with two which takes her tally to 26 for the season with Esme Hume and Grace Patrick both scoring one each. The player of the match went to centre back Ruby Tickner. In the league see the 15 Girls North stay top scoring 51 goals with a goal difference of 43.

At home to Hitchin Belles White were the STACY 14 Girls North and they lost 5-0 despite defender Emma Laney having a good game there and in doing so saw her being named player of the match.

Also, at home were the STACY 14 Girls South and they also were also defeated with the score being 4-0 to Belstone Youth Girls with left wing back Grace McMurray being named player of the match.

Away to Watford Ladies Harts were the STACY 13 Girls South and they turned in a good performance to go on and win 4-0 with goals from Stella Ekblad-Piscitelli with two and Marelie Raath also popped up with two as well whilst Skillful midfielder Iris Foley was named player of the match.

In the league cup saw the STACY 12 Girls North play at home to Watford Ladies Hornets and there were outstanding performances from defenders Olive Jones who was also player of the match plus Emma Bracey and goalkeeper Vanessa Cipolla. Both teams played well, and the Hornets even had a goal disallowed for offside but the 12 Girls North went onto win 1-0 with a well taken goal from Michelle Lam after a solid all round team performance.

The STACY 12 Girls Wildcats certainly sharpen their claws with a 3-1 away win at Harvesters Girls with goals from Daisy Harris, Reese Anscomb and Poppy Williams-Leung. The player of the match went Ellie Ratcliffe who was everywhere in the midfield chasing and harrying the Harvesters defence.

Alicia Gibson who was also joint player of the match for the STACY 11 Girls Central scored a fine goal for them in their home match with London Lions Ladies with Lucy Hosty also being named as player of the match.

Despite lots of possession and plenty of goal chances the STACY 11 Girls North just could not find the back of the net at home to Hemel Hempstead Town Red Girls with Rachel Kincaid and Ava Cowie going close on numerous occasions.

Away to Garston Girls Tigers were the STACY 11 Girls Wildcats and they played some lovely football with both Chloe Nuttall and Roisin Gleeson scoring one goal each. The player of the match went to Laura Graham who was very good in her tackling plus her calmness on the ball in only her second game for the team.

Alexa Johnson scored a great goal for the STACY 10 Girls Central against Meninas Rio Girls in their strong display with plenty of effort throughout from the whole of the team.

Away to Watford Ladies Hornets were the STACY 10 Girls Wildcats and there were plenty of goals from both sides with Evie Dullaghan-Stone scoring a fantastic hat-trick for the Wildcats whilst player of the match Lizzie Baylis also got on the score sheet with one.

 Playing Meninas FC Salvador Girls away were the STACY 9 Girls Romans and scoring for the Romans was Lucy Carter whilst Eden Boswell picked up the player of the match title.

Daisy Oaten scored two goals for the STACY 9 Girls Central away to Ruislip Rangers Clarets whilst Nell McKinstry popped up with a goal late on. The player of the match went to Georgia Miller who gave a great all-round performance in defence whilst captain Molly Baker was just outstanding in goal in that she made a few excellent saves during the whole of the match.

At home Stevenage Starlets Navy were the STACY 8 Girls Romans and scoring goals for the young Lady Saints were Grace Fergie with 2 plus one apiece from Ellie Roberts and player of the match Amelia Fells.

Away to Chorleywood Common Leopards Girls saw Jess Kutcher score a fine three goals for the STACY 8 Girls Central with both Emma Dreyer and Isabella Harbouchi scoring one each with Evie Rosenhan and Bella Bachelor both being named as joint player of the match.



The 7 South played Bury Rangers Rd away in the White division of the HBDL and the young Saints had a good game and scoring goals for them in this very high scoring game with both side scoring lots of goals were Vinney Rawley 4, Harry Kotinas 2, Finley Smith, Sebastian Theobalds and Barney Makepeace.

In another high scoring match saw the 8 West play away to Welwyn Pegasus and hitting a hat-trick for the young Saints was Alex Faldo whilst both Archie Brown and Seth Keaveny both scored one apiece.

In the Ken Headington Green division cup saw the 9 Lions qualify for the final which is in May with a 7-0 win over Wheathampstead Wanderers Tigers with Tristan Francis scoring two quick goals whilst Finley Maguire scored one to give the Lions a early 3-0 lead. Joshua Jury added a fourth goal whilst Tristan Francis scored another goal to complete his hat-trick to make it 5-0 at half time. In the second period saw Tristan Mistry score one and Joshua Jury with a second goal to take his tally to two to complete a 7-0 win. There was a joint player of the match and it was awarded to Tristan Francis and Harry Turnbull. 

The 9 South also played in the Ken Headington Green division cup and they won 6-2 away to Welwyn Pegasus Cobalts with Evan Love scoring three superb goals whilst there were singles from Toby Sumner, Toby Thompson and also joint man of the match Rory Saunders. There were some great performances from including Toby Thompson who was full of running and Zac Johnson who made a fine penalty save and was also named joint man of the match. The whole team played well with some excellent tackling and passing. 

We move onto the Dave Wray Green division cup and the 11 East were away Wheathampstead Rangers Tigers and they won 5-1 with Leo Hooper-Walter scoring the first goal which was setup by a good pass from Tom Luckhurst to give the East a 1-0 lead. The Tigers though hit back to make it 1-1 before Hooper-Walter played in Harry Murphy who quickly made it 2-1. Harry Heron then scored two goals one of which was a cracker whilst Leo Hooper-Walter added another for his brace to make the final score 5-1.

Seth Coetzee made a couple of great saves whilst Oliver Cox played well to take the star player trophy.

The 11 Central were in the Dave Wray White division cup and following a tight first half away to Bengeo Tigers saw the 11 Central win 4-2 with Joshua Gibson scoring a fine hat-trick whilst Harry Watts scored their fourth goal.

Away to Watton Youth Dragons in a Dave Wray White division cup fixture were the 11 Romans and early onto into the game saw the Dragons take a 2-0 lead but a near post effort from Aidan Bostock saw the Romans halve the deficit but just before half time saw the Romans concede another goal to go 3-1 down. The Romans though were far from beaten and they gained control following a cracking second with a simple tap in from Hari Boodhun plus a last-minute strike from Elliot Campbell which earned the Romans a hard fought 3-3 draw.