NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change your browser settings, then you agree to the use of cookies

I understand


City Youth Match Reports 8th September 2019

See how your team did, read the latest City Youth match reports here.

Managers, don't forget to Text the Press Secretary, Terry Edwards by 11:00 pm on Sunday with your Result and Match Report. Text 07443541477.

Please note Managers will not be chased for their reports, there are now too many teams, if managers would like their report included then please text to Terry by the Sunday evening deadline.

St Albans City Youth FC - Match Reports 8th September 2019

FA Youth Cup

ST ALBANS CITY U18'S     1      AVELEY U18'S    2   AET.    HT 1-1.   1-1 FT.

At home to Aveley were the young Saints in this preliminary round F.A. Cup tie which saw eventually lose 2-1 after extra time after they had 1-0 at one time. Aveley looked liked they were going to open the scoring in the early stages with Josh Okpa causing all problems down the right but Sam Galatis made a couple of vital saves. Against the run of play saw the Saints take the lead when Ryan Orde hit a long ball forward from the back which saw BILLY OWEN race away and after going around the Aveley keeper he then slotted the ball into the back of the net to make it 1-0 on 30 minutes.

The lead was short lived as the young Saints gave away a penalty for handball inside the box and up stepped Frankie Waker to drive the ball into the bottom left corner to make it now 1-1.

Play was quickly switching from end to end and Billy Own went close to adding a second goal for St. Albans but his well struck shot crashed down off the underside of the crossbar and out(no VAR when you need it) as the seemed it might have just gone over the line.

In the second half once again both sides had chances with another Billy Owen shot not going in this time it was blocked by the Aveley keeper's legs whilst Ryan Orde fired just over after being setup by a good ball from Jarvis Wilkins. 

So to extra time and Billy Owen was once again denied by Elliott Wayvita the Aveley keeper who this time tipped over the bar Owen's cracking strike, with Alex Lankshear setting the chance up.

The match was finally by a cracking goal worthy of winning the final itself when Callum OWEN for Aveley their number 8 found space for himself to hit a sizzling curling shot from the edge of the box that flew in off the inside of the far post giving Sam Galatis no chance to make a save, so 2-1 to Aveley, never mind Andy Lawrence's boys now go on and win the league.


St Albans u18s 3-2 Harlow Town 

Following their narrow defeat on Thursday in the FA Youth Cup the u18s were back at the Park for their first league game.

Saints started brightly moving the ball nicely through the third and deservedly took the lead after 25 minutes a good move down the left found Jamie Armstrong who switched the play finding Joshua Clarke who in turn found Alex Lankshear who beat his defender and s.d slotted a good finish in the bottom corner.

Harlow began to get back into the game and hit the Saints on the counter attack with a ball over the top and their striker coolly finishing past  Sam Galatis. 

Half Time 1-1.

Saints started second half well looking dangerous and creating numerous chances but couldn't convert. Harlow won a corner from a rare attack and a good run saw their Centre Half head home from 10 yards.

Saints continued to push for an equaliser that eventually came from a corner on the right touch line the ball bounced around in the box with Dan Banerjee forcing the ball home.

The you saints were now in search of the winner their performance deserved which came from a free kick on the right. Ryan Orde delivered a good ball in which fell to Thomas Geller who's shot into the corner  and the ball just crossed the line in spite of a valiant attempt by the Harlow defender to keep it out. 3-2 to St Albans at final whistle.

MOM Finn Murphy for an excellent display in centre midfield.

St Albans City FC U15 EJA 2 v 5 Hadley.

City got off to a flying start when great combination play put Machen through after a few minutes and he coolly beat the keeper for 1-0. City were playing good controlled football and looked as though the second would come quickly.  However, Hadley equalised when a long throw dropped in the area and they pounced on the loose ball, 1-1 and that’s how it stayed till HT.

Hadley then started to gain a little more control of the game and managed to go 2-1 ahead, before adding a 3rd. At this stage city staged a comeback and peppered the Hadley goal with attempts before Jamie Breen got the 2nd with a strong strike. You could only see the goal coming from city as they hit the bar, had one cleared off the line and drew a string of fine saves from the visitors keeper.

It seemed like the goal would eventually come but unfortunately Hadley got a 4th with 5 to go from a corner. Throwing caution to the wind city left themselves open and with seconds to go Hadley notched their 5th.

Overall a disappointing result but a good performance in many areas.




We start with the older Girls who were playing in matches to decide which division they will go in this season 2019-20.

So off we go, and the 18 Girls were at home to Herts Vipers Girls and after 10 minutes they quickly found themselves 2-0 and although they tried to hit back it proved not be their day as they gradually lost 10-0. The player of the match went Lottie Nicolls who worked hard throughout the whole of the ninety minutes.

Next saw the 17 Girls at home to Flitwick Eagles White and they won by fifteen goals to one with Mia Pinkham leading the way with 4 well taken goals. The other goals came from Sophie Veal 3, Emma Judd 3, Sam Farrer 2, Katie Holder 2 plus one from Bora Cela whilst Emma Judd was named as player of the match.

The 15 Girls North drew 2-2 against Bengeo Tigers Girls with goals from Keira Ward and Gracie Patrick whilst Siobhan O'Donnell was named as player of the match.

Away to Potters Bar United were the 14 Girls North and after a close game saw the Saints go down 3-2 with Thisbe Danford and Abbie Bierman netting the two goals for the North girls. The player of the match was awarded to Jasmin Fells.

At home to Garston Ladies Lions saw the 14 Girls South finish up with the biggest roar after the match as they went on to win 7-0 with Maisie Humphreys scoring a wonderful hat-trick. The other goals were scored by player of the match Jemima Avery who got 2 whilst both Mia Simmonds and Grace McMurray scored one apiece.

The 13 Girls South lost 2-0 at home to Stevenage Borough Girls following a very tight game with the player of the match going to the Saints keeper Ruby Littlechild who pulled off a few good saves during the match to make sure that the visitors only scored two late goals to take the win.

The 12 Girls North started life as a 9-a-side team superbly as they won 5-1 at home to Watford Ladies Hornets. A strong start with Michelle Lam scoring early on which the Girls did not take advantage, so they only led 1-0 at the break. Early in the second half saw the Hornets score an equaliser and this sparked the Saints to up the tempo of the match which saw Esme Dickson score one goal and Scarlett Robb hit three fine goals to win the match 5-1. There was strong defending from team captain Emma Bracey whilst the player of the match went Michelle Lam.

The 12 Girls Wildcats certainly lived up to their name as they beat Chorleywood Common Cougars Girls away 2-1 with goals from Reece Anscombe and Daisy Harris whilst the player of the match was awarded to the hard-working Imogen Siery.

Well now move onto the young Girls teams now and there a quite a few of them this season, so here goes.

The 11 Girls Central played away to Hemel Hempstead Girls in the Purple division and scoring a hat-trick for Central was Lauren Viney whilst both Emily Ball and player of the match Roisin Cullen scored a brace apiece.

At home to Berkhamsted Girls were the 11 North Girls and they turned in a good performance with three goals from Rachel Kincaid, three from Sophie McMahon plus two each from Verity Lobina and Roxi Kosh. There was a joint player of the match and that went Sophie McMahon and Roxi Kosh. 

In a Violet Division match saw the 11 Girls Wildcats take on the Bushey Rangers Wildcats and it was fine entertaining game with Emily Gray scoring two goals for the STACY Wildcats with Konni Hobbs also scoring two goals as well whilst Chloe Nuttall netted one.

The player of the match was given to the hard-working Imogen Miller.

At home to Garston Pumas were the STACY 10 Girls Central and they certainly blunted the claws of the Pumas with Jasmine Mercer scoring two goals whilst Demi Hall and Sacha Davies both scored one apiece. Marking her debut with the player of the match award was Millie Lindsay.

The 10 Wildcats played Garston Ladies Pumas at home in a Purple league game and scoring her first hat-trick for the team was Lizzie Baylis with 3 well taken goals. Also getting a hat-trick was Emily Dormer and she also picked up a well-deserved player of the match award whilst Evie Dullaghan-Stone hit two fine goals as well.

Izzy Marriot scored a fine goal for the STACY 9 Girls Romans in their home game with Garston Wildcats with Lucy Carter earning the player of the match title.

Nell McKinstry hit 7 goals for the STACY 9 Girls Central as they played Chipperfield Corinthians Girls at home whilst player of the match Amber Fells struck four goals in this high scoring game. For the Central team also, there were singles from three players, and they were Poppy Miller, Sophie Neil and Liana Sprunt.

The highest goal scorer of the day was player of the match Jessica Kutcher for 8 Girls Central as she struck all eight goals yes 8 goals in there high scoring away match with Menias Girls in a Pink fixture.